To bill for telemedicine, just use the appropriate CPT/HCPCS code for the covered health service, along with the “GT” modifier to document that it was provided via telemedicine. You’ll also need to use the place of service (POS) 02 code.
Here are just a few of the relevant codes:
- Office or other outpatient services (99201-99205, 99211-99215)
- Office or other outpatient consultations (99241-99245)
- Initial inpatient consultations (99251-99255)
- Outpatient mental health services (90785, 90791-90792, 90832-90834, 90836-90840, 90845-90847, 90849, 90875, 90876, and 90887)
- Health and behavior assessment/intervention (96150-96152, 96154-96155)
- ESRD-related services (90951-90952, 90954-90958, 90960-90961)
- Outpatient substance abuse services (H0022, H0047, T1006)
Want more details? Check the Wisconsin Medicaid Provider Manual.